The Add Building screen provides interface for adding a new building.
- External ID
- External ID of the building (optional)
- X and Y coordinates of the building (used in calculating distances between buildings)
- Distance between two buildings is computed as Euclidean distance between coordinates × 10 meters (e.g., distance between coordinates [0,0] and [3,4] is 50 meters)
- Coordinates cannot be negative
- A building with no coordinates is assumed to be too far from any other building (for instructor and student back-to-back constraints)
Note: If you do not have coordinate system established, entering the same coordinates (e.g., [0,0]) for all buildings will ensure that there will be no "too far" instructor and student back-to-back constraint violations in the problem.
- Save (ALT+S)
- Save a new building and go back to the Buildings screen
- Back (ALT+B)
- Go back to the Buildings screen without saving anything