The Add Status Type screen provides interface for adding a new status. Each status is defined by the rights the managers or owners have regarding viewing and/or editing their data. Each right has its description in the screen.
- The name under which the application recognizes the status internally
- Name of the status displayed throughout the application (for example, in the Academic Sessions screen)
- Choose whether a given status should be applicable only to a session, only to a department, or to both (for example, "Initial Data Load" applies to a session only while "External Manager Timetabling" applies to a department only)
The rights are divided into several categories:
- Course Timetabling
- Owner/manager rights related to creating a course timetable
- Examination Timetabling
- A set of rights related to (final/midterm) examination timetabling
- No-Role Reports
- Specify what can be done by users who do not have a role in the timetabling application.
- Save (Alt+S)
- Save this new status type and go back to the Status Types screen
- Back (Alt+B)
- Go back to the Status Types screen without saving this new status