In the Instructor Detail screen, you can see information about a given instructor. From this screen, you have access to edit screens for most of that information.
The header of this section is the instructor's name.
To see a detailed description of each of the fields in this section (External Id, Account Name, ...), go to the description of the Edit Instructor screen.
A list of designator numbers for this instructor. The instructor can have different designator numbers for different subject areas.
- To change or delete the designator number for a subject area, click on the line with that number. That takes you to the Edit Designator screen.
- Operation: Add Designator (Alt+A)
- Go to the Add Designator screen to add a new designator number for this instructor for a subject for which he/she does not yet have a designator number
- The instructor's name will be pre-populated
A list of all classes to which this instructor has been assigned. You can assign instructors to a class in the Edit Class screen or in the Assign Instructors screen.
For each class, you can see the following properties:
- Check conflicts
- When a check is displayed in the column, the instructor's
preferences are considered during departmental timetabling; also, checks
are performed for this instructor to make sure that this person does
not have conflicting teaching assignments (i.e., he/she is not teaching
another class at the same time)
- When not checked, the instructor's association with this class
is ignored during timetabling, no conflicts will be discovered between
this class and his/her other classes
- Indicates the percentage of teaching activity for this class associated with this instructor
- Class limit for that class
- The manager who is going to timetable the class (for example, your department or Large Lecture Room or Computing Lab)
- If a timetable has been created that includes this class, you will also see
- Time assigned to this class during timetabling
- Date pattern of the class
- Room assigned to this class during timetabling
Information about examinations associated with the instructor.
- Instructional offering components (classes, instructional offering configurations, course offerings, and instructional offerings) defining which students need to take the examination (i.e., students enrolled into these components)
- Type of the examination
- Midterm or Final
- Length of the examination in minutes
- Seating Type
- Exam or Normal seating type
- Expected number of students who will be taking the examination
- Max Rooms
- The maximum number of rooms into which an examination can be split (for example, an examination for a class of 400 students can be split into two or three rooms if they need to use Exam seating type and do not have a room with exam seating capacity of 400 seats)
- A list of instructors associated with the examination
- Assigned Period
- Time period assigned to the examination
- If no time period has been assigned yet, time preferences are displayed
- Assigned Room
- Room(s) assigned to the examination
- If no room has been assigned yet, room preferences are displayed
- Student Conflicts
- Number of student conflicts (direct, more than two examinations a day, back-to-back)
- Not Assigned when the exam has no period assigned.
Clicking on an examination takes you to its Examination Detail screen which contains more detailed information.
Preferences for the given instructor. You can hide or unhide this part of the Instructor Detail screen by clicking on the small square in front of the Preferences section heading. If you want to change these preferences, click on the Edit Instructor Preferences button in this detail screen. That will take you to the Instructor Preferences screen. There are more details about instructor preferences in the description of the Instructor Preferences screen.
- Edit Instructor Information (Alt+I)
- Go to the Edit Instructor screen to edit items listed in the first part of the Instructor Detail screen
- Edit Instructor Preferences (Alt+E)
- Previous (Alt+P)
- Go to the Instructor Detail screen for the previous instructor in your list of Instructors
- The button is displayed only if there is a previous instructor in your list
- Next (Alt+N)
- Go to the Instructor Detail screen for the next instructor in your list of Instructors
- The button is displayed only if there is a next instructor in your list
- Back (Alt+B)
- Go back to the last non-editable screen from which you came